Archaeological sites and Museums
There's quite a long list of archaeological sites and museums in Crete.
General opening hours for archaeological sites, museums and monuments in Crete are:
- April - September (Summer period): Monday: closed / Tuesday - Sunday: 08.30-19:30
- 1 November - 31 March (winter period): Monday: closed / Tuesday-Sunday: 08.30-15.00
- 08.30-15.00 Holy Saturday, Easter Monday, Holy Spirit Day, 15 August, 6 January, Shrove Monday, 28 October
- Good Friday (until 12.00)
- 1st January, 25 March, Easter Sunday, 1st May, 25-26 December: closed
Some archaeological sites and museums might have different opening hours.
Free of charge Entrance:
During the following days, the entrance to all archaeological sites, museums, archaeological collections and monuments is free:
- All Sundays from November 1st -March 31st
- All Legal Bank Holidays
- March 6th, in commemoration of Melina Merkouri
- April 18, International Monuments Day
- May 18, International Museums Day
- June 5, International Day of environment
- Last Weekend of September, celebration of European Cultural Heritage.